Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012

It's finally 2012! For what seemed like an eternity, the off season is finally over and a new year of racing has begun. It's always nice to start fresh both physically and mentally. With the new year, brings a new team. I would like to officially announce to all my followers that I will be racing for CashCall Mortgage Cycling Team for 2012. http://cashcallcycling.com/2012/01/03/2012-team-announcement/. This year will the most exciting year of my life. I will be racing in various races around the country, along with a majority of racing in southern California (where the team is located). Couldn't be more excited.

On January 23rd I will be flying down for team camp. I went down in mid November for a couple of days mainly to get acquainted with my new teammates. I did a couple of 4-5 hour rides with them in Tustin. Other than the stoplights, I wouldn't mind living in the area. I enjoyed getting to know my teammates. Each and everyone of them have incredible strength. But most importantly, they race as a team. I'm over the moon just to be apart of this program.

On the training aspect of my life, it has been good. I've been doing a lot of "exploration miles" all over the bay area. There's this.route. that I've been doing lately that has sent me through different parts of the bay area. Although, I have recently developed a slight case of petallafemoral  in my left knee which has kept me from my normal training regime. On the brighter side, I have dealt with this condition before. So knowing how to mend it gives me peace at mind. Whenever I overcome these small bumps in road, I treat them as victories rather than dilemmas. The road to becoming a professional cyclist is not your everyday smooth and flawless road you train countless miles on(excluding Sonoma Co.). Realistically, it resembles a sector of cobblestones in Paris- Roubaix. It is a series of bumps and ruts and jolts and rattles. I expect this is 2012. Whether it's sickness or injuries, there will be bumps and ruts along the way. Truth is folks, that's bike racing.

Hope everyone had a good new years. Get out there and achieve your new years resolution. Thanks for reading!










No comments:

Post a Comment