Monday, August 6, 2012

Yesterday I raced my bike...





...IN MY OWN BACKYARD. It was cool. It was fast. And it was a crit. Crowds were decent. The roster for the day was Brian, Stefano, Devan, Justin, and yours truly. The race started off just like any other crit, fast. We took a right turn, then another right turn, and another right turn. Then guess what we did? If you guessed we took another right turn, then you get a gold star.  Anyways, the race played out perfectly for us. Devan got into the break and WON. And Justin/J-WOW/Kanye took home 3rd to win the field sprint. It was just domination. Pure domination. Even if Chuck Norris entered the race these guys still would of killed it.  As for me, the race was ok. Not good not bad.  Sure as hell felt better than most crits this season though. Hopefully a good sign.

I've been home for just about two weeks now and I couldn't be happier.  I've missed it all. The climbs, all my favorite training routes, my family etc.  Maybe I was a little home sick.  I guess I'm trying to say I'm happy to be home.

Did a solid ride today in the Berkeley hills area. A lot of up and down. Actually it was all up and down. Needless to say, my climbing legs need some work. Hopefully, that part will come easy. And I forgot to put sunscreen on today. I'm 100% positive I'll regret that tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

Wes
P.S. Thank you Jakroo for getting me a call up last night. That was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment